The Importance of Link Building and Why It Continues to Dominate SEO In 2018 After Panda and Penguin Updates
Is link building still important? Short answer, Yes. Content, for good reason will always remain king but the importance of backlinks in SEO and that of link building in general cannot be denied or ignored. In fact content and links go hand in hand. Any content that gets published essentially comes a URL to which a link could point to.
The SEO landscape has evolved dramatically over the past two decades. From using optimized keywords to mobile-friendly websites, marketers rely on different techniques to improve search engine rankings of businesses. Another crucial ranking factor is backlinks.
‘Link building’ is a term often thrown around by SEO experts. Incorporating links to web content is an effective way to get traffic to your website traffic and increase the likelihood of conversion.
Link Building 101
Link building simply means to link other websites to your website. In other words, you add a hyperlink from another website to your own.
Link building is a crucial part of search engine optimization. If done right, it can increase your website’s visibility in search results.
Importance Of Link Building
A successful link building strategy can work well for any business. Here is why link building should be part of your SEO campaign:
- Improves Google ranking: Although the battle to the top of the search ranking table is based on many factors such as using quality content, meta description and more, links affect how Google ranks web pages. To put it simply, if you want your website to earn meaningful, organic ranking in search engine, you need quality. Once people start clicking the links, your web traffic will increase.
- Boosts brand awareness:For new or small businesses striving to spread the word about their products and services, link building can help them achieve this goal. Incorporating links from established brands adds values to your website, thereby improving its visibility in the search engines.
Increased visibility results in greater business recognition in the long term. If properly planned and executed, a link building campaign can take your web traffic and returns to the next level.
- Builds brand trust and authority: In addition to enhancing brand visibility, high quality links help establish a brand’s credibility and authority.
When people see links from credible, popular resources (relevant to your business) on your website, they are likely to take your brand more seriously. As more and more online users become interested in your website, you will see a massive improvement in your web traffic and conversion rates.
- Keep an eye on competition: As links are available online, you can check out what links your competitors are using on their websites. You can even target the same links. Effective link building can put you ahead of your competitors.
- Lasts forever: Links are a worthwhile investment because they last forever. As long as a link is active, customers can access it. Unlike ads with limited or temporary visibility, links offer a permanent solution for improving your website’s visibility, traffic and your conversion rates.
Link Building: The Beginner’s Guide to Getting Started
If you’re adding links to your website, it’s important to separate the good from the bad. Google may penalize you for low quality links. What makes a good quality backlink?
Generally speaking, a quality link comes from a source that is:
- Trustworthy: Has the website been penalized? Is it a reliable source? A penalized site can adversely affect your SEO. Perform an audit of the website before using it for link building.
- Prominent: Do people use the site a lot? It is a household name in your industry? Does the website cite its sources? The more respected your source website is, the better. Check out the website traffic to assess its authority.
- Relevant: Is the website content relevant to your business and industry? If it’s not, to your industry or your target audience, Google could penalize your site.
- Content Quality: Does the website offer fresh, original, insightful, engaging, thorough, well-researched and visually appealing content? The basic rules of content apply to backlinks. After all, links should add value to your website.
- Diversified Sources: Instead of acquiring links from just one website, it’s better to use various links from a variety of domains to increase your rankings.
Apart from the strategies mentioned above, combining internal links and external links can help you achieve amazing search results. If you would like to know more about this, get in touch with us.
At Search Berg, you can count on our link building solutions to achieve optimal results! Our customized link building and SEO solutions are developed to meet your website needs and improve its search ranking. Above all, our SEO solutions come with a 100% money-back guarantee and require no contractual obligations whatsoever.
We offer comprehensive link building services to clients from diverse industries, such as education, health, real estate, finance, technology, travel and more. Last year, we completed our 10,000th SEO project, making us as one of the most dependable SEO companies in the country.
Call now at 855-444-4777 to learn more about our services.
Fill out the form to schedule your call: