Online Reputation Management And SEO: Is There A Link?
In the age where digital technology has made online communication easier and faster than ever before,creating a positive online image has become an absolute must for businesses.
Regardless of type of business or industry, business owners must go the extra mile to safeguard their online reputation. Negative customer reviews or bad publicity can cause unimaginable damage to business.
Simply put, your company’s online reputation can make or break your brand.
A brand’s online reputation is what customers think of it. Creating a positive image or reputation is crucial for any business. As a matter of fact, it’s the stepping stone towards business growth and success.
Importance of online reputation
It can take a business several years to carve a name for itself. Yet, sometimes, all it takes is one angry customer’s review to tarnish the entire reputation of a well-respected brand.
One shouldn’t undermine the significance of good online reputation management. Proper online reputation management can benefit your business in the following ways:
- Give your business a competitive edge: Your brand’s online reputation is what sets it apart from your competitors. An effective online reputation management plan can help you to out beat your competition.
- Builds trust, loyalty and enhances customer base: From customers to investors, people trust positive brands with an impeccable online reputation. Most people conduct an online research of a business before buying products or services. If they read negative reviews about the company, there is a great chance they will move on to the next firm.
Earning customers’ trust and loyalty is an important goal for most businesses. Keep in mind, news spread fast on the internet. If a customer is disappointed with your products or services, they are likely to share their experience with their friends and family. As a result, this may hurt your company in the long run. With a proper online reputation management plan, you can take control of the situation.
- Generates substantial returns: From the perspective of revenue, a positive online reputation can increase business sales. Increased sales come from customer trust and satisfaction. On the other hand, poor online reputation can result in losses.
Good or bad, a company’s online reputation has significant influence on a potential customer’s decision making and in turn, the company’s revenue and profits. Therefore, businesses must come up with comprehensive online reputation management strategies.
We’ll go over a few options below.
SEO and Reputation Management
Keyword rankings matter. Smart business owners are cognizant of the value of high search engine rankings. When an online user googles your brand name, the information they see on the first page of search engines influences their purchasing decision. This means that both positive and negative information will be on full display for the customer to review and make up their own mind.
As per research by Edelman Trust Barometer, 64 percent of people trust online search engines the most when conducting research on a business. This is primarily due to the fact that the Internet has become the number one source for information, including information about businesses.
Information appearing on search engine results can be the difference between the success or failure of a brand. If online uses see damaging content or negative, false reviews about your business, it’s quite likely that they won’t purchase anything from your company.
SEO For Reputation Management
Search engine optimization is the fix for negative reviews and false information. Through it, you can suppress, disavow incorrect URLS and in turn increase traffic to your website, leading to more leads, conversions and sales. Statistically speaking, Google controls 77.98 percent of search engine traffic and that’s where you want to focus on.
A simple Google search can give your customers a negative or positive impression about your business. Negative reputation can hurt your business’ search engine ranking. It’s safe to say that online reputation management and SEO are closely connected.
In order to protect your brand’s online reputation, follow these golden rules:
- Clean up social media: Social networks enable businesses to promote and sell products to customers. Customers use their social media accounts to check out products and place orders. Along with facilitating communication between businesses and customers, social media is the new marketplace.
Whether you use a Facebook or Instagram account for your business, keep posting quality content (blogs, videos, product images, etc.) on a regular basis.
Your company’s social media profiles information should be consistent with your website. This includes information regarding products and services, contact, etc.
Register your business on Google My Business. Also, if a customer posts a negative review, do not ignore the issue. Listen and respond to a customer’s complaint or query immediately. Following these steps will enhance your company’s reputation and your search engine rankings.
- Quality content matters: Improve your brand’s reputation with quality content.
Be it social media or website, original, insightful and consistent online content adds value to a business. Having high quality content is the key to building customer trust and loyalty and improving search engine rankings.
Use industry and brand-specific keywords in content, but do not over stuff them. The keywords need to be strategically placed to build brand image. In addition, add Google-friendly links and promotional videos to cultivate a stronger brand presence.
- Post informative and engaging blogs: Display your writing skills by posting insightful blogs about your products and services. You can promote blogs on your website and social profiles. Similarly, you can contribute to relevant websites where you can share your expertise on your niche topic. Blogging can improve your SEO presence and your online reputation.
- Disavow/Report False or Incorrect Links
Any negative information about you must redacted from the Google index. Usually this entails contacting the domain owner and asking them to remove the negative content. In some instances, further steps might be required which is where professional expertise would be required from an SEO agency.
Online reputation management can be a major undertaking that requires the technical know how and expertise of a professional SEO agency.
At Search Berg, you can count on our reputation management services to deliver guaranteed results! After assessing your company’s online reputation, we will develop an effective reputation management strategy to strengthen the online image, reputation and search ranking of your brand.
Call now at 855-444-4777 to discuss your business needs.